Certane is an experienced responsible entity. We understand governance and what it takes to meet a registered fund’s compliance obligations in an ever evolving regulatory environment. We leverage our expertise, scale and compliance capabilities to help our partners get the best outcome for their funds.
Certane offers a wide range of custody services to retail and wholesale managed investment schemes and wholesale clients.
We understand your transactions and aim to execute and settle as quickly as possible.
Our custody services are powered by technology to provide secure, efficient and robust processing of transactions. Using the highest security standards and best practices, our Certane Pay system has been developed as a streamlined and convenient way to process payments.
Our custody services include:
- Legal ownership of scheme assets
- Segregated holding and recording of assets
- Document custody
- Securities settlement and corporate actions
- Document execution
- Receiving and distributing income
- Custodian governance, including quarterly compliance reporting and annual audit of control environment
- Asset reconciliations
- An intuitive purpose built payment system
Loan Markets and Escrow Services
We have a wealth of experience in acting as facility agent for syndicated or bilateral loans and escrow agent. We are an intermediary between borrowers and lenders, along with holding assets and making payments on behalf of third parties associated with complex transactions.
Our services include:
- Acting as the single point of communication between the lender and borrower, ensuring proper communication for amendments, waivers and reporting
- Holding of mortgages and PPSA security for lenders
- Holding of cash and/or securities for parties pertaining to an acquisition, providing real time view bank account access
- Release of funds once conditions are met and instructed by authorised stakeholders
- Receipt of court documents for clients without an Australian office
Our proven experience in acting as trustee for wholesale unregistered schemes provides compliance and governance oversight. This provides you more time to focus on growth and investment performance.
Debt Capital Markets, Securitisation and Structured Finance
We offer a full range of debt capital markets, securitisation and structured finance services, including acting as issuer, paying agent and registrar, trustee and/or security trustee for securitisation programmes, public private partnerships (PPP), index based products and debt funding.
We pride ourselves on being collaborative and commercial, working closely with our clients on complex structured finance transactions to ensure they are completed smoothly, within the required timeframes. With decisions made locally, deals are executed cohesively, with potential defaults being dealt with promptly.
We understand the importance of prompt investigation and action if an event of default occurs and work closely with beneficiaries to achieve the desired outcomes for creditors.
Our securitisation and structured finance services include acting as:
- Bond trustee
- Charitable trustee
- Issuer trustee
- Lender of record
- Ownership trustee
- Registrar (wholesale)
- Security trustee
Bond and Note Issuance
Whether you are looking to issue notes to raise funds for working capital, fund an acquisition, invest in other assets or for capital adequacy purposes, we are able to assist.
Our bond and note issuance team:
- Have over 25 years experience in issuing bonds to wholesale investors and/or lodgement with Austraclear
- Currently act as trustee for over $5 billion in retail notes
- Make decisions locally and work closely with our partners to create the right solution
- Ensure the Issuer meets their obligations to repay principal and interest investors
Our team has extensive experience providing corporate trust services to clients across multiple asset classes and fund/financial product sizes and complexities. We apply creative thinking to deliver bespoke solutions that achieve the right outcomes for our clients.
Your dedicated Certane relationship manager works closely with you to ensure that we understand your business, your needs and the details of your specific transaction.Meet the team